Saturday, August 15, 2009

Camera Fun with Light Painting

Well it is all camera fun to me. I love my camera...moment of silence for the love of my camera.............ok.

Now I guess it is really also the love of light. When I started taking photos I really started to notice the most important thing about photography...Light.

How it falls, how bright it is, how dim it is.

so the other night durring my 2am photo shoot with Harry's jeep I was playing with light...a flash light

Photobucket
SS 12, f 4.5, 250 ISO, 17 MM

I set my camera on my tripod (this won't work without one) and set a long shutter speed and I "painted" the edge of the jeep with the flashlight only.
I am actually in this picture but because I was running as fast as I could and no light was actually shining on me, I don't appear in the exposure.

This works really cool with colored LED lights too the camera just soaks up the light.
Photobucket
SS 21, f2.8, 250 ISO, 17MM

the next night Harry tried his hand at a little light painting too...can you see his feet in three different places spelling his name? Every thing that has light falling on it will illuminate.

Photobucket
SS 21, f2.8, 250 ISO, 17MM

abstract or flying ghost?

Photobucket
SS 21, f2.8, 250 ISO, 17MM

a car ofcourse, nothing in our house is complete without something with wheels..

So go grab your camera, tripod and a flash light and get creative! I would love to see what you come up with, I'll even post your photos if you wish. Happy Shooting!

2 comments:

Squiggle Wiggle & Maggers Moo August 15, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Wow. I will have to try those settings out!!! Sweet!!

P.S. Your godson is now 18 pounds and is trying to help me type this!! LOL!! Miss you and love all of you!

Swan Threads August 20, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Incredible. You are just so talented and creative. I love seeing your photos.

About This Blog

We created this blog to keep in touch with our family and friends who live near and far so they can share in the craziness of our little family, raising five year old twins and our latest addition Jonah!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP