Friday, July 10, 2009

Heather - 29 Years....

...give or take.

So in honor of my special lady on her special day a special blog all about Heather.

Heather was born in Houston on July 10, 19 somethin. Here she is about Jonah's age, cute runs in the family
 height=

Fast forward to the 90's, here's Heather's rock star senior picture. This one will probably cost me an night on the couch, but I like it.
 width=


Fast forward again to '00, Heather decides to sign up for the gruelling fall season of church league flag football and meets up with the monster from the Midwest, the galloping goofball, me.
 width=


Luckily for me she stuck with me longer than she did with football! This was a truly awesome day. Seems like just yesterday, but if that's the case then last night was a wild one!
Wedding Goodbye

Fast forward to now, I did manage to sneak the camera away from Heather on the 4th and ended up with a good picture of her - which is only surprising due to my photography skills, I am learning by proxy though
IMG_2266



Here's what we know about Heather:

After 7.5 years of being married to me I love her more than the day we got married, and amazingly she still keeps me around.
She's an awesome mother to our 3 crazy boys, if you want to know more about this then read the next 1,000 posts or so
She's a crazy good photographer, again read on
She's going through bicycle withdrawal although photography keeps her mostly distracted, once it cools off that'll change
She hates the heat in Texas (who doesn't!) even though she's lived here 90+% of her life
She loves Jeep rides through the forest...oh wait that's me but she'd come along if she can bring her camera and bicycle
She has more creativity than I can keep up with
She's a great friend, not just to me either
She's has truly a generous spirit


Here's a little video we put together - Happy Birthday Heather, we love you

Fine Print - All photos and video were not edited, taken, approved or reviewed by Heather Grilliot Photography.



***UPDATED to add our Godson***

7 comments:

Unknown July 10, 2009 at 7:23 AM  

What a loving tribute to your wife. Happy Birthday from Kansas. Great job singing boys. Mommy sure is lucky today and always. Hugs and Kisses to you all.

Heather Grilliot July 10, 2009 at 8:23 AM  

OH my Gosh! I love it! I keep laughing, nice Harry. I especially love the fine print at the bottom!

Thank you family!

TexanIslander July 11, 2009 at 6:02 AM  

Great job Harry! What a wonderful blog. You get major points for this one! Happy birthday Heather. This whole blog site is wonderful. Your skills just keep getting better! And the video of your brother was very touching.

Adriano

Unknown July 11, 2009 at 4:48 PM  

Happy Birthday, honey!!! Sorry I am a day late. You and Harry's birthdays are so easy to remember since you are both 10's but it seems like I work all the time and can barely remember what day of the week it is let alone birthdays!! Looks like you had a fantastic day. We love you all so much. (As I type this your Godson just yacked down my shirt...what a nice touch! LOL!! Way to go Harry with the terrific photo of Heather. I love the whole Jonah gets rid of Mom's hat look. The birthday video was priceless. Have a happy day and God bless. Love from Kansas.

Laura July 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

Major points, Harry! We have been on vacation and have not checked in for a week and we get back and wow! So many great pictures, Heather. And Harry I love the senior picture of Heather. She is beautiful in it as in the wedding pic. The disclaimer at the bottom is priceless. Pure Harry! I love how much in love you guys are. Trust me, for couples like us, it just keeps getting better and believe it or not, Joel and I have been married almost twice as long. Boy, I wish you all lived closer!!!

Tami July 13, 2009 at 9:25 PM  

Ahh, Harry. You just made all us wives jealous. I think every woman wishes her husband would actually say these things out loud! Happy belated birthday, Heather. So sorry to hear about your brother. We will keep you and your family in our prayers. We so enjoyed seeing you all on your trip up here. Wish we were closer. The boys had so much fun playing together. Trey enjoyed having kids his age around.

Swan Threads July 17, 2009 at 2:20 PM  

Harry, great job. Heather, I'm a little late with your birthday greeting but looks like Harry and the boys took good care of you.

About This Blog

We created this blog to keep in touch with our family and friends who live near and far so they can share in the craziness of our little family, raising five year old twins and our latest addition Jonah!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP