Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm such a lucky mom!

You know that feeling when you are alseep that someone is standing there looking at you? Well I did yesterday morning, I opened my eyes to four eyes staring back at me, "Happy Mother's Day Mom!" The boys made an art project for me that will be proudly hung in our new art room (more on that later) Then Harry announced that we were going to Austin for the day. I was shocked as I thought we had other plans.

Photobucket
We stopped in Bastrop State Park for a little drive through the winding tree filled hills...and a couple photos

Photobucket
Logan was trying to sign "I Love You" this was his best attempt :)
Then it was lunch time..

Photobucket
We stopped at Home Slice Pizza. The crust is fantastic, thank goodness it is in Austin and not in Houston otherwise we would be there waaaaayyyy too much!

Photobucket
We headed out check out the local shops on Congress
Photobucket
and we stopped at Big Top Candy Shop. The boys knew there was a candy shop and we just could not get there fast enough. They have some fantastic salt water taffy and a great old fashion soda fountain. You can get Wonka bars, chocolate bandaids, Oh and Chocolate Covered Bacon!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Jonah did not get any candy...he is sweet enough

Next Stop Toy Joy
Photobucket
This place is so much fun you become a kid again and laugh throughout most of the store, it is so amusing! Check out the little nuns that line the entire roof of the store!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This is the car Isaac picked out...

Photobucket

Photobucket
This little girl came up to me in the store...full of so many cool toys and said, "Hey that is a cool camera!" I said, "Yes! I think it is too!!!" She asked me to take her picture and I gladly did...she was thrilled to see her image in the review screen

Photobucket

Photobucket
yes Mom I know you don't like this :)

Photobucket
(but Mom you should like this one instead. Love you!)

So we ended the day by stopping at Berdoll Pecan Farm it is a fantastic pecan shop where you can spend way too much money on honey glazed pecans that are too easy to eat that you have to hide the bag before they are all gone....Harry have you seen the bag? I can't find it!

It was a fantastic day, I have been wanting to go to Austin for a while now to just "play" and take pictures of my family which I had a blast doing. It was a perfect day for me. Thank you Family! Love you!

3 comments:

Unknown May 12, 2009 at 7:53 AM  

It looked like everyone was having fun. Great colors and so many things to choose from. What a relaxing day. Glad to see the picture of Mom and the boys, don't usually get one of them. Keep them coming. Jonah is growing like a weed. Love ya.

Squiggle Wiggle & Maggers Moo May 12, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

Cute!!!!!!! I don't think you heard me the first time. CUTE!!!!!!!! LOL!!! Looks like everyone had a fantastic time. What a great way to spend Mother's Day!! Luv ya!!!

Carla AKA loedown May 13, 2009 at 8:25 PM  

Love ALL the pictures. Thanks for sharing your day with us through words and pictures!

About This Blog

We created this blog to keep in touch with our family and friends who live near and far so they can share in the craziness of our little family, raising five year old twins and our latest addition Jonah!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP