Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nursery Inspiration

Whether we have a pink or a blue baby I think I have decided on a simple "theme" for the nursery, something different, something sweet. I'm going with woods animals. Isaac and Logan had farm animals in their nursery and after our visit to San Francisco's Muir Woods I deemed it to be the most perfect place...at least in the States. The smells are intoxicating, you feel like an elf the trees are so tall and it is cool and dark even on a sunny day.This is just one of the tree trunks of the fantastic Redwood trees in California.

I found this little guy this morning at Urban Outfitters in Rice Village while waiting to go to my 10:20 Dr.'s appointment which got cancelled due to another patients baby being born. It will find a home in the nursery as well...up high of course.


Then we're gonna paint this tree and owl on the wall...what do you think?

4 comments:

Unknown November 11, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

I think it will be great. The woodlands and God's gift of nature will be beautiful in the nursery. Babies like trees are a gift from God and he makes them all perfect in his image. You have the talent Heather to make this a room where the baby will grow in the warmth and love of his family. Can't wait to see the finished project when we come to meet our newest grandchild. Love Dora

Tessa November 12, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

Oh, I think the nursery will be adorable!!! You are so creative!

Also, I love the idea of a Dwellig blog! We should work on that :)

Laura November 12, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

Love the theme! Works equally well for either sex and has real growth and roots. The tree is pretty cool - very graffic and updated but childlike at the same time. Trees are my favorite. They are such strong symbols of so many of the most important things in life. God, family. Best of luck with all the decorating.
Laura

Squiggle Wiggle & Maggers Moo November 22, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

I love it!!!! Mine is going to be a chocolate brown with patterned polka dots. Dora is going to make my window seats for the baby's room. I am so excited. Woodlands is an awesome theme. You have to take some photos of it when you are done.

About This Blog

We created this blog to keep in touch with our family and friends who live near and far so they can share in the craziness of our little family, raising five year old twins and our latest addition Jonah!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP